Skip to main content
Question
Nicole Allen
Member, Inspiring Speakers Bureau
Asked a question 8 months ago

What are some ways I can inspire people?

Where am I?

In Inspiring Speakers Bureau you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Derek Johns
Executive Member, Inspiring Speakers Bureau

Has someone ever motivated you to make significant changes in your life that made you healthier, happier, or more fulfilled? If you are, you are aware of good inspiration's impact on a person's life. Stimulant is potent, yet it isn't simple to come by. Do you want to repay the favor by making a good impact on your friends, family, or coworkers' lives?

1. Take care.

Do you believe you'll be able to inspire someone if you can't show them that you care about them? The response is an emphatic "NO!" Show your concern for others via your words ("How are you today?") and deeds (small acts of kindness go a long way).

What are some ways I can inspire people?

2. Have a positive attitude.

The phrase "enthusiasm is infectious" is so overused that it's become a cliché, yet it's a cliché for a reason: it's real. I'm ready to bet that your genuine smiles, good energy, and loving concern will be returned tenfold to the individuals you come into touch with every day.

3. Earn people's trust.

If a friend or loved one reveals a secret, it is kept between you and them. Trust takes time to develop, but it can be shattered instantly, so avoid workplace gossip and needless drama on social media so you can be a good influence that others aren't scared to speak with.

4. Don't say anything if it isn't favorable.

It's simple to criticize others, but that doesn't imply it's a good idea. Consider how you would respond if someone insulted your intellect, mocked your clothing, or criticized your performance. I'm sure you're irritated, whether the criticism is fair or not. No one likes being attacked, so if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

5. Encourage individuals to grow.

Small compliments have a way of brightening any day, no matter how black the shadows may be above. Still don't trust me? Find someone in your workplace who is frowning and tell them how adorable (or beautiful) they are today, and watch their expression brighten. I'll buy you a drink if your praise doesn't brighten their day.

To your speaking success!

Inspiring Speakers Bureau27

Sophia McQuire
Moderator, Inspiring Speakers Bureau

Whether in the boardroom or on the battlefield, influential leaders must pick the appropriate approach for the right objective. Inspiring others may take a variety of ways. Here are nine leadership principles that help people get inspired:

Concentrate on your connections. "Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care" was one of the first statements I heard when I started my present job. Looking back on my special operations experience, I can say that the SEALs never completed a mission without the assistance of other government agencies or peers. Everything was connected, and it was all based on "who you knew" (much like everything else in the world).

Leave your ego at the door. Allow your actions to speak for themselves if you want to impact others. It's a timeless saying that remains true today, but if you're so good at something, no one needs to know since they already know.

Determine who will win. When you know what victory looks like (i.e., the end-state), all you have to do is zig and zag your way there. Identify precisely what you're aiming for and make sure your employees do, too, to maximize your potential and minimize wasted effort. When communication breaks down, redundancies emerge.

Make use of high-powered personnel. There were instances when we just had a few operators on the ground since the task only required that. Work backward to determine who belongs where after you've narrowed down the desired end-state. If the same names keep cropping up, it's time to think about succession planning.

Allow them to go. Allow the human desire for individuality and significance to thrive by releasing the reins. People want to perform well and achieve, but the procedure often stifles potential. This is referred to as "the purpose motivation" by Daniel Pink in his best-selling book Drive. Instead, offer them a goal, a deadline, and the power to act.

Actively listen. Listeners may be divided into two categories: those who want to comprehend and those who wish to be understood. The former are calmly waiting for you to stop talking so they can speak, while the latter are anxiously waiting for you to stop talking so they can talk.

Keep your excitement in check. People who are too enthusiastic, happy, sad, or negative are social hand grenades, which is why emotional intelligence (EI) is so essential. EI consists of four parts: self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, and relationship management, and is defined as one's capacity to understand emotions in oneself and others. Curbing your excitement sits squarely in the center of all four since no one wants to be near a grenade when it's thrown.

Increase your resiliency. To others, demonstrating how much you can bear physically, intellectually, and emotionally may be awe-inspiring. Everyone enjoys hearing about the father who lifted a vehicle to rescue a kid or the unusual rags-to-riches tale. You become more when you accomplish more.

You want to motivate people to concentrate on the one resource you have control over yourself. Your deeds, to be precise. Aim to do at least one of the above things every day, and you'll it's surprised at how much inspiration you'll get.

To your speaking success!

Inspiring Speakers Bureau10